Join the Conversation
Add your students' voices to those of thousands of others in Australia and New Zealand by registering for Gallup's annual survey measuring the core elements that drive student success. Read the 2017 Report PDF.
Survey dates are 6 March - 6 April, 2018.
Learn More About the Poll
Gallup Education has more than 40 years of data and analytics on what makes exceptional school leaders and teachers. Our research has revealed that the best educators cultivate their students' strengths, and learn about their hopes and dreams. The Gallup Student Poll helps educators provide a more positive school culture and measures hope for the future, engagement with school and well-being factors that have been shown to drive students' grades, achievement score, retention and future employment.
Finish the Poll in Minutes
The online survey measures the engagement, hope, well-being, entrepreneurship and career and financial literacy of students in grades five through 12 (year 13 if New Zealand.) The survey also has four demographic items and an optional Faith index.
By participating, your school will:
- improve students' grades, achievement scores, retention and future employment by measuring hope, engagement and well-being
- receive survey results with actionable insights customized for your school's needs
- gain results to spark conversation-starters between teachers and staff, parents and students
- effectively capture your students' voices on topics not yet measured
- have an opportunity to involve parents and communities in building hope and improving the well-being of students
- get database comparisons for each year-group within your school, as well as with other schools, districts and states, to chart progress over time
Elements that Drive Success
Hope - Hope affects student goals, dreams and life outcomes.
Engagement - Engagement is a big differentiator in your school's performance.
Well-Being - Well-being creates a thriving culture of student success.
Entrepreneur - Entrepreneurial spirit reflects students' ability to think innovatively and identify new opportunities.
Career and Financial Literacy Index - Smart economic choices can contribute to a thriving life.
More Options - The Faith index is an additional item that measures your school's impact on a student's faith journey.
"Our greatest contribution is to be sure there is a teacher in every classroom who cares that every student, every day, learns and grows and feels like a real human being."
Don Clifton, Father of Strengths Psychology and Inventor of CliftonStrengths
Become a More Engaged, Thriving School
Gallup is pleased to offer schools the following supporting materials for download.